Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happybellied Dreams

Ever so often, I indulge in a wee bit of fantasising.

Here’s a PG-rated one.

Wouldn’t it be bloody brilliant to be able to eat as much as you like without getting full, fat, bloated or anything so dire like say, exploding? Just for one day only, I’m not greedy. Really.


A HAPPY BELLY DREAM MENU:

Starters

Meat Pie from Harry’s Café De Wheels in Sydney– ground beef in pastry, topped with a mountain of mash potatoes, a hill of mashed peas and a ladle-full of brown sauce. God, I could stop right here…but why would I, when I have the miraculous power to eat limitless amounts for a day?

Lamb souvlaki – oh Mykonos, how I miss your lard-filled bainmaries. A wrap bread stuffed with roasted lamb and tomato onion yoghurt.

Dutch Pea Soup – More mushy peas and ham!

Macaroni Cheese – The simple things are best.


Salad

Potato, of course. I like mine with apple, hard-boiled eggs, pickles, mayo, vinegar and spring onions.


Mains (oh joy, plural and not just “a choice of”)

Bigfoot-sized hunk of char-grilled ribeye, medium rare.

Slab of honey bbq pork ribs.

Mushroom Ravioli in a chilli, bacon, garlic, capsicum & olive oil sauce


Desserts

Banofee pie – Banana, coffee cream and toffee in a biscuit pie crust.

Rocky Road ice-cream – Marshmallows, peanuts, ice-cream and chocolate sauce.


Yummo!

Sigh. The mug of watery Milo on my desk is looking really, really sad right now.

And we’re having fish tonight. Double sigh.

9 comments:

Karen said...

no matter how long i've known you, it's STILL hard to comprehend that a meat pie could be considered a starter...

and *sob*, of that list, all i know how to make is the potato salad, and maybe the banoffee pie! :'(

Biow said...

feel like puking reading ur list.. i can only eat 1 of them and i will be full to the brim.. :D

lotsachi said...

too much meat! too rich! don't you like fish?

Jay said...

God, my dream menu at the moment would HAVE to include crabs (and I don't mean the STD version!). Mmmm.... butter friend crabs.... mmmm spicy tomato sauce crabs... mmm... chilli crab....

God, my mouth just started watering.

AJ said...

*Drool* I wanna share in this sordid fantasy of yours! PLease Please Please. I'll bring the rosted chicken wings, the kajang satay, roti jala & serundings, lemang & elephant beef ribs.... Yum Yum Yum

Wandernut said...

Ya know Spot, you could make a meme out of this.

May I have the privilege?
"The Happy Belly Meme"

Can?

Mint Chutney said...

"Mushroom Ravioli in a chilli, bacon, garlic, capsicum & olive oil sauce"

Yes! YEs! YeS! I demand a recipe for this! : )

Spot said...

snowie - there...remember platinum took me out for dinner one of those nights in sydney. We went to Harry's where I had a meat pie starter, then we proceeded to an italian restaurant where I had pasta for dinner. :)

biow - hehe... don't forget, this menu is just a fantasy based on me having a superhero ability to eat the world, without getting full or throwing up! *prays hopefully*

lotsachi - couldn't you tell? :)

jay - ooo..crabs! hmmm...the fantasy is supposed to last the entire day, not just one meal...there's therefore room for an asian-themed fantasy menu. and yeah, tractor-sized crab claws would be on it.

AJ - Yummo! You've just listed out the starters (yes snowie, you read correctly) of the Fantasy Asian Menu!

Wandernut - Be my guest and modify as much as you like! Wish I could hand you a bib...:P~

Minty - ehehehe...i made that up from thinking of my favourite ingredient combo! No worries, will try to create a recipe from that soon.

Wandernut said...

Thanks, Spot.
And thanks for the link to Snowie's foodie album.

O.MI.GOD. What does it take to get invited to one of her makan parties?
What a spread!

Oops. Bib's wet.

And yep, my molten choc babycakes tak jadi cos it was too soft. Not enuff time in the oven? Perhaps the tablespoon of rum I added messed up the mix? And I should've used individual casings instead of a muffin tin. I shall try again! :D